Last week I posted that it is possible to outsource managerial roles as well as specific skill roles. But maybe you’re wondering why someone would outsource a manager so here’s my list of ideas – can you add to it?
- you only have to pay for the hours you need them to work – not a set number of hours each week
- you may be able to access greater skills within your budget if they are not full time
- if they work remotely, it saves you providing space, desk, computer and services for an extra person
- it may give you more options such as having a manager in another state may open more face-to-face opportunities for your business as well as local contacts in that state
- it can be a good way to trial what roles you need a manager for – you can outsource for 6 months to assess the situation as it is easier to end a short term contract than an employment contract
- an outside manager may provide a different perspective and not be as involved in internal issues